Please mark your calendar for October 2-four and join us for the 2019 MTB Tourism Symposium in Whistler’s Creekside Village.
Whistler is no longer on the main edge of mountain motorcycle tourism and recreation and will offer a terrific backdrop as we delve into the various vital topics that decode the broader mountain biking network. Mountain biking has become a big tour motivator that generates over $70 million annually in vacationer spending inside the Sea to Sky Corridor alone. Riders worldwide are stimulated to visit British Columbia and ride our plentiful trails. This, in flip, has created new monetary possibilities for groups at some stage in the province.
This 12 months symposium will provide awareness on the growth of mountain cycling and its way to destiny as many regions face challenges with capacity and funding to manage and preserve trails appropriately. Join us in Whistler and participate in the answer for a sustainable mountain bike tourism zone. The symposium brings stakeholders together to proportion their revel in and satisfactory practices. Delegates include non-income trail associations, vacation spot advertising corporations, motorcycle enterprise representatives, occasion producers, land managers, community and park planners, professional trail developers, journey media, content material creators, educators, and government representatives. Be a part of the discussion and learn from those organizing sustainable procedures for mountain motorbike undertaking and tourism improvement.
We proudly announce that Trailforks is 12 months name sponsor. Trailforks are powering alternatives in outside recreation by presenting sturdy path records for path users and land managers around the globe. They may share insights on getting the maximum out of their game-changing era.
Call for presenters
We are searching for dynamic, attractive, and knowledgeable presenters for the 2019 Symposium. If you have a subject you would like to offer or advocate for a panel discussion; please email martin@mbta.Ca with a brief description.
The topic categories that we are maximum inquisitive about for 2019 are:
• Sustainable methods for mountain motorbike endeavor and tourism
• Trail management and funding fashions
• Working collaboratively / strategic partnerships
• Inclusivity / encouraging variety/teens engagement
• Climate trade effects / Wildfire management / Wildlife Control• New opportunities/tendencies/case studies
Registration will open on June 1st
The symposium offers an exquisite fee to delegates. When you sign up for the full symposium, the subsequent is covered:
• two complete days of classes featuring informed and entertaining speakers and shows
• Breakfast and lunch on each day of the symposium sessions (Thursday and Friday)
• Welcome reception and other social events (Wednesday and Thursday evenings)
• Pre-symposium Trail building workshop (Tuesday and Wednesday; confined spots to be had)
• Guided rides on a number of the best trails within the province
• A threat to win wonderful prizes